Monday, September 15, 2008

I Had An Awesome Lab Today...


I had my second 3-hour Digital Circuits lab today. I ended up getting my own Logic Probe to add to my nerd gear. In our lab today I had to place 3 different chips into a proto-board (the white holed up thing in the pictures). It is hard to explain, but the purpose was to see how the chips convert signals (1's and 0's).

You can see that there are a lot of wires connected to each of the chips, also known as TTL Dual Inline Packs... :-) My wires are actually organized pretty well. I tried to color code everything because, as you can see, it is easy to make everything chaotic.

This lab was a lot of fun. The past couple of times I have used the proto-board I had a partner. I don't like having a partner when using a proto-board because people tend to take over the lab and only one person is able to screw around with the proto-board at a time. Today was the first day that I was actually able to work by myself with the proto-board. It was nice to finally be able to have some control over my own lab! :-)

We are starting our robots this week in Fundamentals of Circuits (not the class I just talked about) I will try to bring my camera to that lab to get some pictures of everything... :-)

No comments: