Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The High Ground Band...

I just got back from the High Ground performance in the SHAPE building. I quickly found out that this High Ground band is not the same one that I was talking about before. This band is actually a very professional sounding band. They are definitely country, but I didn't care because they played their songs perfectly. The vocals and instruments were right on. They played songs like: Janis Joplin's "Bobby McGee"; Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman"; Marshall Tucker Band's "Can't You See" and several other recognizable songs.

This band sounded really good overall. They were better than I thought they were going to be. I did notice that their momentum died after the first few songs and it only came back once or twice much later in their performance. I think that even though their band is really good, they could be a lot more entertaining. My dad's band Reality Check was better than these people are when it comes to performing well AND entertaining the audience.

There is a bonfire near the SHAPE building this Thursday... I might walk down to take some pictures just for the hell of it. It would be cool to play guitar down there but I really don't think that I am going to do that.

No comments: