Monday, December 8, 2008

Fiber Optic Voice Link

It is now Week 14. Over the weekend I worked on a new project that my circuits professor gave to me. It is called a 'fiber optic voice link' because it takes the input from a microphone on one chip, converts it to light, sends it through the fiber optic cable, and then the other chip converts it back and amplifies it through the speaker. It was fun putting it together. I have been troubleshooting it to find out why it is making a loud screeching noise and a loud buzzing noise. I believe that the speaker is blown, but It could be just about anything in the circuit. I am hoping to further diagnose the chips during this week's lab. This is actually the last week of classes. I have classes on Monday of next week, but after that it is nothing but final exams. I have two of my 3 exams on Tuesday.

I believe my math professor said that my Technical Math exam is next Thursday. I am hoping that this is true because it would mean that my vacation starts a day earlier. My high school advisor invited me back to my high school for next Friday to see the school's staff band play. Yup. The band is nothing but teachers and faculty. More than half the teachers in my high school were dedicated musicians. My librarian/advisor was also one of the best lead guitarists that I have ever seen. There are so many musical teachers at my old high school that they decided to start a band. The band is cleverly called "Staff Infection." They only perform once a year, before Christmas break, but they always do an awesome job.

Anyway, I have a really easy night tonight. I am going to get back to taking advantage of it... :-)

UPDATE: I have added a viewer counter to the right hand side of my blog. It will count the number of times that people go to my blog. It is inaccurate though because it wasn't around for the past couple of months. It will count people from here on out, but it does not count the number of times people have visited the blog before the counter was added.

No comments: