Monday, December 1, 2008

Awesome Exam Grades

"One of My Strats"
-----------------------------------

I had an exam in both of my circuits classes before Thanksgiving break. I found out today what my grades were for both of the exams. I am happy with both of my grades.

On my Digital Circuits exam I received a 79 because I made a couple of mistakes. I was expecting a higher grade on my exam, but I am still happy with the grade I got. A 79 is still a pretty decent grade. This was my second exam in Digital Circuits. The only exam I have left is the final exam which takes place in a couple of weeks.

I did an awesome job on my Fundamentals of Circuits exam. This exam was the second one that was graded for this class. The first exam, which I took earlier in the year, I received a 96 for a grade. This second exam I didn't do as well as my first, but a 93 is still pretty damn awesome. This 93 means that I only made a few minor mistakes in my work. One mistake occurred because I was "on a roll" while I was taking the test. I was rolling out answers left and right, and I was so confident towards the end of the test that I added 20 + 20 to equal 4. I looked at the problem, pulled (most of) the information out, and then I accidentally misread the 20's as 2's. I had the sum of the capacitors at 4 Farads when it was supposed to be at 40 Farads. I didn't get too many points docked for this mistake because I would I have gotten the correct number if I would have taken a second look at the information that was given to me. I had my formulas right, but I obviously needed the right numbers to get the right answer.

I have final exams for 3 out of my 4 classes. The only final i am worried about is for my Technical Math class. The final exam will determine whether or not I pass the class since my grades are nowhere near as good as they are in my other 3 classes. I don't necessarily agree with the whole idea of having an exam this Friday and then having the final in two weeks.

My main goal for this semester is to pass my tech math class. I am going to put forth my best effort for this week's exam and the final that follows a couple weeks after. I am not someone who complains, but my math class is much harder than it needs to be. The problem lies in how many different majors get mashed together to form the class. The class lacks focus because everyone does things differently. You have Computer Tech. students mixed with architects and etc... It is easy for students to give up in the class because the work is challenging. My other classes do an exceptional job of teaching me new material. There hasn't been a single day where I haven't been interested in my other 3 classes. I am willing to accept failure, but only when it backfires and teaches me the right way to do things. I don't see myself failing the class, but where I have failed has only helped me learn more.

Got carried away...

Anyway, there is a famous comedian named Lowell Sanders that will be at the college tomorrow. He is a "Def Comedy Jam" performer and he has been on Comedy Central. I am going to make sure that I make it down to his show, and I will make sure that I post about it on the blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Central Vermont Photography said...

Glad I could help you out! :D