Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Famous Comedian - Lowell Sanders

I just got back from watching Lowell Sanders stand-up comedy and it was easily one of the funniest acts I have ever seen! I laughed very hard at each of the jokes he made because they were very original. Lowell Sanders has been on Comedy Central, he has toured with George Lopez, and he has even been in a few movies, like Jungle 2 Jungle with Tim Allen. I am definitely going to spend a great deal of time trying to remember his jokes. I laughed so hard that I didn't get a chance to store them in a good part of my brain...

This guy is a really cool guy. I talked to him after his show and he gave the president of the college and two staff members a free cd for setting up the show. A couple of other students and I told him jokes of our own. I shook his hand a couple of times before I started to head out, but then I saw that one of the other students was getting a cd from him. I didn't know if he was giving them away or if the student was buying it. I walked back and asked him if he was selling them, and he said "Oh.. this is the last one that I have, but write your name and address down and I will send one to ya!" He was signing each copy that he handed out, so I am hoping that I get a signed cd in the mail. Getting a cd is perfect because I won't have to spend so much time memorizing his jokes.

He is an awesome performer, and I really like how great Vermont Tech is with choosing quality entertainment. The school knows that there is not a lot to do in Randolph, VT, so they make up for it by bringing all the entertainment right to the college! In case you haven't noticed from reading this blog I really enjoy being here... :-)

To check out Lowell Sanders website, go to: www.lowellsanders.com

No comments: