Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Cool Circuit That I Wired Up Last Week...

This was supposed to be a video of a cool circuit that I wired in my Digital Circuits lab, but for the past week I have been unable to upload it. I am going to try converting the video later on and reducing its size so it will be easier to upload. You will see in the video that the wires look really messy. The wires were actually organized pretty well, but there were a lot connections to be made between the two black chips you will see in the video. The circuit makes some lights have a 'circular' effect. Basically, Light #1 will turn on, then #2, then #3, then #4 (all lights are on now), then light #1 will shut off, then #2 etc... You will see in the video that this effect repeats itself.

There is also a switch in the circuit that changes the direction that the lights are travelling. You will see that when I hit the switch a second time the circuit starts acting up. I like to think of this as being like a human heart. When a heart has problems sometimes it is necessary to restart it to get everything back in working order. This is much like this circuit. If the circuit starts to act up then it is necessary to cut the power to the chips, and then turn it back on. I think this is a pretty cool video. I recorded it with my digital camera. :-)

P.S Most of this post was written a week ago when I was hoping that the video would upload. As stated earlier, it has given me a lot of problems. I hope to have the video posted soon enough... :-D


No comments: