Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yay! I Finally Got my License! (About damn time!)

Our Backyard - Pool & Apple Trees

I had my driving test on May 26th, and I managed to pass the test without a problem! I FINALLY got my license! I should have actually had it about 3-4 years ago, but a surgery that I had kept me from getting it for a few years. In the picture above you can also see my vehicle. It is the silver 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe, and it should be all registered and ready to drive legally on Wednesday. :D

I applied for a job at Staples in West Lebanon yesterday, and I might apply for a job at Best Buy later today. Now that I have a year of college under my belt, and good grades, it should be relatively easy to get a job at one of these places. Best Buy would be paying me $8.50 an hour, but Staples would be paying me $9.50 an hour. I actually have more interest in Best Buy as a store, but if Staples is going to be paying me more, for pretty much the same work, than I would much rather work there.

Also, I mean to update this blog at least once a week, but I have been relatively busy the past few weeks making sure that I was prepared for my driving test, and getting everything in order for job applications. As mentioned above, I have applied for Staples and plan on applying to Best Buy, but I very well might apply to one or two other places to make sure that I can get a job over the summer. I plan on taking at least half of the money that I make over the summer and sending it directly to my college loans, and that should still leave me with plenty of money to spend on whatever I want AND of course necessary things like gas for my vehicle etc...

The picture above is one of about 60 that I took of our backyard. I will likely be using a couple of these photos over the summer to post on my blog. I think that this is really all I have to post for now, but I should be getting calls for interviews soon, so I will be sure to post when I have more information. :D

No comments: