Wednesday, February 18, 2009

╔╩╦╩ VACATION!!!! ╩╦╩╗

"Roderick Russell in a Straight Jacket and 80 foot Chain"
--------------------------------------------------

I completely forgot to mention on this blog that I have this whole week off!!!! I have been extremely busy in school recently. My courses are far more challenging this semester than last semester, and my new schedule is something that I am still adapting to. While I have been doing an awesome job in all of my other classes, recent events, not to be mentioned here, have caused my circuits grades to slip dramatically. The homework usually requires my full concentration, but I haven't been able to focus on it because a lot of stress has been getting in my way. I shouldn't allow outside stress to affect my education, but as a freshmen it is still something that I need to learn how to cope with.

I know that it is vital in terms of my education, and my career, to not let stress get in the way of my performance. I have decided to dedicate a good portion of my vacation to getting caught up in all the work that I have missed in my circuits class, including 2 lab reports that need to be typed. There is no debate about how I should spend my vacation. I should have completed the work when it was asked of me. Now that I am in a much clearer state of mind I need to take this divine opportunity to catch up on all of my missed work. One thing is for sure, when I go back to college after vacation, improving my work habits in the presence of stress is going to be my top priority.

My other courses seem to be going pretty well right now. Math is so much better this semester than it was last semester. My new professor is actually an Electrical Engineer, so she really speaks my language. She is also a really cool and nice person, and that is just one of the many things that makes her a great teacher. All of the subjects that are covered in this semester's math course are explained in detail. It is not that we spend a lot of time learning new things, it is actually the fact that we don't have to spend a lot of time learning new things now. Everything just makes sense. Math was my biggest worry about the major that I chose. I am in Vermont Tech's toughest major. It is the toughest because it relies the most on math. The math course that I am currently taking gives me a huge boost of confidence that I can be very successful at Vermont Tech. My circuits grades are really scaring me right now, but that just means that I am going to work my ass off to make things better! :-D

The biggest thing that I have learned so far this semester is that I can't let stress hold me back. I need to learn how to cope with it. College is going to stress me out. I need to learn how to handle this stress before it really starts to mess with my career. With today's economy I feel that I really need to get my Bachelors Degree. The fact that I am in the toughest major at my college will further increase how proud I will be of myself when I successfully graduate from Vermont Tech.. :-D

I will probably post again on the Sunday that I get back to my college. I really wish that I could post on this blog as much as I used to, but I will be able to once I get back on track. I hope that any Vermont Techie's that are reading this are also having a great, and very much needed, vacation. See ya Sunday!

No comments: