Thursday, November 6, 2008

Next Chip For My Robot Car

I wasn't able to work on my robot car this week because we did a lab about capacitors. We found out that capacitors are basically just strips of foil separated by a strip of plastic, usually rolled into a tube shape. When finished the chip pictured above will have 4 different knobs to adjust how quickly the car will back up when it detects walls.

To understand how these knobs will adjust the speed at which the car would back up, we basically did an experiment to see how a change in voltage over time could affect the speed of the car. I believe that next week I will be able to work on my robot car again. I might even do some work on it over the weekend when I go home. I am hoping that the construction of this chip goes just as well as the charger board did.

I realized that I had only posted once this week, so I decided I would take a picture of the next chip I will be building. I will be sure to take a picture of the finished product and post it on the blog also.

It is almost the end of week 10, and I am looking forward to going home this weekend... :-)

No comments: