Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update With My Robot Car


This is the start of my AWESOME charger board for my robot car. I built this today and I am really impressed with myself. What does a charger board do? It charges the batteries for the robotic car that I am making. I am happy that this seems to be coming out very well. The professor said that the charger board is the most difficult part of building the robotic car. I still have a few parts that I need to solder onto this board but I should be able to have it complete (and hopefully working) by the end of my next lab.

My next lab is on Wednesday and I will be completing this board and mounting it onto the body of the robotic car. This is the result of what is only my fourth time soldering, so I did an amazing job (my professor even told me so). For anyone who doesn't know why my car is considered 'robotic' instead of 'remote'; it's because the car doesn't have a remote controller. It actually uses sensors to detect walls (and other objects) and it will automatically turn itself around.

I always look forward to my circuits lab. What beats building a robotic car?

No comments: