Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Completed Robot's Charger Board


I have successfully completed the charger board for my robot car. I have confirmed that it is working perfectly. The LED (it's a light) turns on when it is plugged in to the wall and all of my voltage readings come out the way that they are supposed to. For those of you who don't know, the charger board for my robot kit does two different things. The charger board could be considered the 'power box' for the robot car, and it could also be considered a charger for the batteries. The chip i s pretty cool considering I actually created it.

This is actually the first year that Vermont Tech has worked with these robot kits. They used to have the students do individual labs, loaded with lab work, and all of the work was based on the core concepts of circuits, over and over again. The professor said that he thinks we would learn more by breaking away from what the course has been doing for years, and get some more hands on work. The project is a whole crapload of fun, it is the coolest thing that I have ever worked on, and it is something I also look forward to going back to every Wednesday. I am looking forward to finding out about all of the cool things I will be able to create after I get my Bachelor's degree. :-)

Well, it is after 5 pm so I am going to go get fat in the dining hall now...

I will continue to post updates on the robot car every Wednesday until it is finished.

No comments: