Saturday, February 5, 2011

Better Thoughts & San Francisco in One Month!


The majority of my life I have been a calm, collected, and level-headed individual. I do a whole lot of thinking, I have a lot of consideration for various things, and a lot of respect for many people. I have been told in the past that I do a great job of seeing things for how they are, that I am great friend, and that 99% of the time I don't let anything cloud my judgment.

With that said, there still are times that this kinda falls apart for me, but I am still learning things in life. When I get extremely stressed out... I begin to lose my "cool." It's a natural thing for people, but this should hopefully provide a better understanding about my previous post.

I don't believe that I should delete my last post though because this is, in fact, my personal blog. While I don't post things that are too insanely personal on here, I still wrote it and it was important to me at the time.

I am glad to say though that I am back on track. I'm not letting the things that were bothering me before bother me anymore. I know what I care about, I know what I want in life, and I am not going to let anyone or any thing get in the way of that.

Know what else is great? Vermont Tech is taking me to San Francisco in less than a month for the Game Developer's Conference!!! It's going to be such an awesome time, and as of now I haven't been any further out of New England than New York City, so it is definitely a time that I will never forget!

I have a lot to look forward to. I really do. I just need to stop focusing on things that are out of my control, and accept the fact that not everyone is willing to put in the same amount of effort as I am when it comes to one doing their job. I guess I am okay with that now... it sucks when I have to clean up after others, but their bad work habits aren't exactly going to do anything to help them out in the future.

Looking forward to GDC 2011!!!

Also, another very important date: Next week will mark my girlfriend and I's second month together! We will be spending plenty of time together next weekend since after this week VTC has a week-long vacation. :D

No comments: