Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Week 25 - Next Week is Vacation! :-D

"View of Walkway from Conant Building Window"

It is hard to believe, but it is already my 25th week of college at Vermont Tech! I have the rest of this week of classes, but then I have all of next week off for vacation! When I come back I will have 4 weeks left of classes for the year, and then a week of final exams.

On Thursday I have an exam in Intro. to Technical Math II, and I am pretty sure that I am going to do a horrible job on this one. I have tried going through all of the old homework problems to see is I can make it finally click, but I think that I need to visit Student Support Services down in the Conant building to get some math help.

The exam covers three chapters in our math book. It is pretty much based on "Solving and Proving Trigonometric Equations." I should add that doing this seems extremely difficult for me right now, but I know that once I get it down as a process that I should quickly become better at solving these math problems.

The toughest thing about the exam is going to be having only an hour to solve all of the problems that will be on it. It is extremely easy when working with Trigonometric Identities to run into a "mental block" and simply waste your time by staring at the problem instead of trying to solve it. Another serious problem is how you never know which way is the right, or easier, way of solving the problem. You could very well spend 10-20 minutes working on a problem only to discover that your method will not work.

Well, enough about my math exam. I was also given a "take-home" exam from Digital Circuits II which is due Thursday, and I am expected to have an exam in C Programming the Monday after I get back from my upcoming vacation. Exams are so much fun! :-|

Well, that is all I have for now. I won't post tomorrow night because I am going to have to study for my math exam, but I may post Friday if not on Thursday. Looking forward to my vacation!!!


No comments: