Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm The Music Club's New President!


Last Thursday the VTC Music Club held an election to determine who would be the President of the club this year. The votes came in and every single one of them ended up being in my favor! I am now the President of the Music Club, and I am quite happy with this.

I made a list of goals during my Freshman year that I expected to have completed by the time I graduated. These goals likely won't be mentioned on the blog until my senior year, but currently this year I have scratched off the "Be an RA" and "Be President of the Music Club" goals! It is pretty cool.

I have some pretty good goals for the club this year. The past couple of years it has been tough for the club to move forward in terms of growth and progress. Everything has been extremely unorganized, and the club was really just a handful of students (including myself) just going down to the Music Room to jam without taking things too seriously. This year I would like things to be different. This year I would progress to made to where we can actually get a band or two going that sounds relatively good and can play in front of crowds for talent shows, coffee houses, and other related events. We likely won't be able to accomplish every goal that I have set forth for the club, but even if we only accomplish a few of them then we still will have succeeded. :D

Well, that is all I really have for an update at this point. I have also been super busy, it is getting late, and it is time for me to return my RA stuff since I am now off duty for the night... the next step is bed! :D


No comments: