Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Unacceptable.


Today is April 28, 2010. I have been living in VT my entire life, but I do not remember ever having to put up with this much snow at the end of April. I know that this isn't a lot of snow, but it kinda is when you consider the fact that it is the end of April.

It isn't all bad though. I didn't really think of the possibility that one of my classes might be canceled today until a friend of mine asked me about it. It looks like I don't have Calculus for Engineering today, and quite honestly... I don't have a problem with that! Friday we get grades back from an exam we had last week, and then we have final exams for all of our classes all of next week. It shouldn't actually be too stressful. I am only worried about Calculus because... well... it is Calculus. I think I will do well though. I am just going to have to study for a very long time. I studied for 6.5-7 hours for the last Calculus exam, and that wasn't even the final.

I will have my Physics final on Monday morning, Calculus for Engineering and Perl Programming exams on Tuesday, and then Electronics for Computer Engineers Thursday afternoon. My Electronics and Perl classes both allow for open notes and open book, but Calculus is going to mainly be based on memorization and proficiency in said mathematical torture-- I mean concepts.

Next week I should be getting an e-mail that tells me where I will be placed next year as a Resident Assistant. All of the RAs are extremely curious about where they will be placed. Everyone is pretty much praying that they don't get into the Nutting residence hall. That building gets a lot of criticism for several reasons. There is a floor there that is dedicated to Dairy Farm students. Nothing really against the students themselves, but non-Dairy students have every right to complain about the smell of manure in their residence hall. The building is also weirdly placed away from most of the important buildings. You have to walk up steep paths in order to get anywhere, and it really only benefits you if you have classes in Green or in the Auto. Tech. Center. The building is also known to be a party building. I am not sure why, but it seems like a lot of party-people love to hang out at Nutting. Just some of the many reasons why it is nicknamed "The Nut Hut" and "The Nut House."

Well that is all I really have for now. I plan on updating this blog at least once or twice more before the school year officially ends, but in the mean time I would really like it if this snow would disappear... at least until December.

No comments: