Monday, November 9, 2009

Week 11 - Interop Conference Next Week!

Gloomy Photoshop Picture of Myself :P

I planned on making a post last week, but I found that I was quite busy with homework and studying for a math exam, so I didn't have enough time to post anything. I had another math exam last Friday. I am pretty sure this is #5 for that class, and I am also quite confident that I did an amazing job on it. Exam #4 I got an 86 on, but I am confident that I did even better on this one than I did the last one. I can't wait to get the exam back. Two out of three classes were cancelled today. Physics and Technical Math were cancelled, but I didn't go to C-Programming either because she posts all of her notes on blackboard, and I was feeling kind of sick anyway. The past couple of days I have had this random eye pain in my left eye socket. I think it is because there was a day when I got well over12 hours of sleep.... insane? nope. Not when you consider the fact that I am a college student. :D

Next week, Monday through Wednesday, Vermont Tech. is paying for my friends and I to attend a tech conference in New York City. The event is called Interop, and it focuses on the latest technologies being released in the Information Technology and Networking fields. I can't wait for the conference! Not only will it be cool to go to a professional tech conference, but being in New York City is going to be a lot of fun. I have been to Boston before with a friend of mine, but this will be my first time going to New York City. I know for sure it is going to be a lot of fun. Vermont Tech is paying for everything except for the costs of food. We get to stay in a hotel for free, get into the conference for free, and free transportation.

One of the coolest things about this trip, and the when it takes place, is the fact that the following week is Thanksgiving break. I have classes all of this week, but next week I will only have classes on Thursday and Friday, and then I have a whole week off! When I get back from Thanksgiving break I will have two weeks of classes, and then a week of final exams for the semester. I have said it countless times, but I really can't believe how quickly the semester is flying by. Hard to believe that shortly after having a week off I will have 3 weeks off for Christmas vacation. I am not complaining though. :D

Here is a link to more information about the Interop conference:

No comments: