Monday, October 20, 2008

Results of Other 2 Mid-Term Exams

Monday is always the longest day of the week for me. I usually have 7 hours of classes on Monday. Today I was able to leave my 3-hour lab 2 hours early. I finished my work quickly and accurately so I was allowed to leave early.

I got the results from my 2 other exams today. I was hoping for at least an 80 on my Intro to Technical Math exam. Most of the material was new to me the week of the exam so I had to basically learn it on my own. It was mainly based on Trigonometry. As I wrote above, I was hoping to get at least an 80. My grade for the exam turned out to be a 79 which is close enough to 80 that I am happy with what I got. As I mentioned in previous posts, exams are a HUGE part of the final grade. They are actually a larger part than I thought they were originally.

There are two students that I share most of my classes with and they both missed the Tech. Math exam. One of them had an average of somewhere in the high 70's while the other had an average in the mid 80's. Since they both got zeroes on the exams, the one who was in the 80's for an overall class average is now in the 30 range and the one who was in the high 70's is now in the 20's range! I think that is absolutely crazy. I didn't think that missing an exam would have such an impact. I knew it was really bad to skip it, but damn! :-)

Anyway, both of the students talked to the professor and she said that there was no excuse for missing the exam (even though it was the Friday before vacation, and they live far away, and their ride was leaving before the class). She told one student that if he ends up attending every class from here on out and starts to bring his grades up (from the 30's...) than she might let him retake the exam at the end of the semester.

Back on topic, I also received my grade for my Digital Circuits Exam. I received a 99 out of 110 possible points which is equivalent to 90%. Another 90 grade... Hopefully my winning streak never ends. Excuse my god damn french, but I am kicking ass! ...except in math, but I am doing borderline good in math. My professor was talking about how computers can make people lazy, so I told him (as a joke) that I don't think that I could get any lazier. He responded with "No. You are a good worker. There is nothing lazy about you." I think it is 'kind of' a cool thing to hear. My grades makes sense though. It stinks to be able to say that I am the only 100% drug-free student in my circuit classes. Other students talk about their stupid habits as soon as the professor leaves. Me, I proudly have no bad habits to talk about. I do my work quickly and efficiently, and who ends up getting the good grades?

I can honestly say that my work habits are very much different from everyone else. It is nice because the professors usually praise me for my work after my classes. As a final thought for this post; I enjoy being here very much. At the beginning of the year the professor's warned us that college "isn't like high school." They sounded serious, but I am actually happy that it is different. All of the BS that gets tied with high school gets cut off, and so do the people who don't take life seriously.

Sorry for the long post. I could write more about cool things going on soon but I will save it for my next post. :-)

No comments: