Thursday, October 23, 2008

Career Fair/Found My Future Job?

There are over 80 businesses at Vermont Tech right now for the annual career fair. The Judd gymnasium (attached to SHAPE) is packed with tables, displays, and people.

Out of all the businesses here, there is one that really stands out for me. The company is called Logic Supply. They are located in South Burlington, VT and specialize in building small computer systems and also retail services. They first started in 2003 with a team of only 5 people, but they are quickly growing. They now have a team of about 25 people, and the company is projected to grow very quickly profit wise. The company provides a whole bunch of benefits to its employees. They provide: Full health care, 8 paid holidays, 14 paid vacation/wellness days, shared profits (as the company makes more money, employees get a share of profits), and retirement plan known as, Simple IRA. The retirement plan means that Logic Supply will donate up to 3% for every dollar made with your salary to a retirement plan that you get from being an employee. They say that they have a bunch of other benefits also. I would imagine that one of them would be huge employee discounts, considering the fact that they sell retail computer parts and accessories on top of building computer parts and writing computer programs.

I am definitely going to look into getting a job at this place. Out of all of the businesses I talked to, this one seems like the best match. I do still have quite a ways to go before I graduate from college with my Bachelor's Degree, so I could end up finding something that interests me more, but with my current state of mind it seems very unlikely. :-) It sounds like the employees make a very, very decent salary. I am not sure what I would be making if I started working there right after graduation, but I know that the business was able to multiply their staff by 5 in the past 5 years, so who knows how much better the company will be doing 4 years from now...

You can visit their website @ www.logicsupply.com

No comments: