Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Week 28 - Living in Old Dorm Next Year!!!

"Rock Wall Around Hartness Library"

Only a week and a half remains for my first year of college! This year has been a great success, and I am quite proud to have already made it this far! This week has not only been going by fast, but has also been going quite well.

Vermont Tech held room lottery last night in the Judd Gym, and I managed to get into the best dorm building on campus! I will be living in Old Dorm next year in room 201! Old Dorm gets its name because it is simply the oldest dorm building on campus. It has the largest rooms, and all the furniture is movable. This is HUGE plus for most people.

The furniture in the other buildings is attached to the wall someway or another, so you don't have any real freedom as to how your room is arranged.
Old Dorm is also much closer to the buildings where classes take place than Keenan is. Instead of having to walk clear across campus to go to all of my classes I will only have to walk a relatively short distance. The only trip that is going to be lengthened will be my trip to the dining hall for lunch and dinner every day. The thing is: I walk to classes 3-5 times a day. I only have to walk to the dining hall up to twice a day and that is IF I am planning on eating there.

Anyway, I had my second Fundamentals of Circuits II exam today. I think that I did quite well on it, but I haven't gotten my grade back yet. I know that I got all of the bonus questions correct. My favorite bonus question was: "If a ripe tomato is red, and a train leaves Chicago at 60 MPH, what is the value of 2^4?" I still laugh about it on and off... :-)

I have a Tech. Math exam tomorrow that includes some of the stuff covered last semester AND everything that we have gone over in class since the last exam. I am confident that I will do quite well on this exam since the material covered is based on the same exact concepts that we have been covering in circuits all semester. I have been doing a pretty decent job in class, so I am sure that I will do well on this exam. So yup, one more exam this week followed by my last normal week next week, and then a 3-day week of final exams then...

SUMMER VACATION!!!

No comments: