Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 27 is Flying By!

The weather has been amazing all week! It is nice to know that summer is quickly approaching! I know that this year has seemed to fly right by. I think it is because of how busy the college keeps me with the amount of homework I get.

Anyway, I turned in the rough draft for my research paper today. It is currently 8 pages long without including the 'works cited' page. It is good to know that I don't have to worry about it for now since the final draft isn't due for a couple more weeks. I think that I only have a week left of Research Writing because the final class week is actually going to be used for individual conferences with each and every student between all of the different sections. It will be nice because it means that the week before finals I will have 5 hours cut from my schedule for that week.

Next Monday I have a presentation due that is supposed to be based on my research paper. I have been researching the planet Mars and what steps mankind must take in order to explore Mars and eventually colonize it. It will be interesting because, while some people are given a week to do this assignment, I have only this weekend to complete it. I hate sign-up sheets because it is always obvious which time slots are going to be filled up first and it is unfair to those that get to look at the sheet after everyone else has. The sign-up sheet had time slots for each Research Writing class period of next week, and to no surprise I was stuck with Monday.

I don't have a problem at all with having to do so much work. Sure, sometimes it gets out of hand, but the education gained makes it more than worth it. There are also only two class weeks left, but my last week of Research Writing will be next week. I am also psyched about having my last final exam on Wednesday, May 6th instead of Friday, May 8th. It means that my vacation starts a couple of days early. :-)

Note: The picture above is of the parking lot between the Morey, Keenan, and S.H.A.P.E buildings. Now that all the snow is gone I am able to simply cut across this parking lot for faster access to the campus snack bar, which sure as hell beats walking all the way around the parking lot! :-)

No comments: