Monday, April 5, 2010

Second Semester - Week 11

Photo Taken from Facebook Fan Page

Last week was spring vacation week for my friends and I at Vermont Tech. I enjoyed the break from insane piles of homework, and was enjoying the fact that I could sleep in and dedicate plenty of time to my video games. I was actually focused on one particular assignment over break, and that would be my analytical report assignment for Technical Communications. The report is due this Friday, has to be roughly 8 pages, and mine is focused on the study of Quantum computing.

Quantum computing has been an extremely interesting topic to research because it is the next step for the computer industry. Quantum computing will mean that computers are exponentially faster, and have exponentially more storage space while using far less power consumption. These will likely be the kinds of computers that people will be using when I am 40 or 50 years old, and I am really looking forward to seeing how fast they will operate.

I have a pretty busy week set out for me this week. I started it off by having an interview for one of the Resident Assistant positions for next year. I got back from that interview not too long ago. There were 6 different people interviewing me at the same time, and I am pretty sure that my interview went well. I remember last summer when I was nervous about being interviewed by one person, and now future interviews are going to be much easier for me.

This Friday is when my analytical report is due, and when a huge assignment for my PERL Programming class is due. Lots of work to do... I better get back to doing it. :P

No comments: