Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm Gonna Be A Resident Assistant Next Year!!!

S.H.A.P.E Building from Auto Tech. Center

First I was interviewed by 6 different people for a Resident Assistant position for next year. I was interviewed by all four Resident Directors, a Resident Assistant, and the Assistant Dean. I was quite nervous at first, but the RD for Old Dorm made a quick joke and it set me on the right track to kicking the interview's ass.

I was told by multiple people from the interview that I did an amazing job, and then I was well on my way to the second step. The second step was a set of group activities with all of the other applicants. I am not sure as to whether or not I should list the different activities they had us do because they might use the same activities for next year. It might not be okay for me to give future applicants a possible heads up, but who knows. If any of them approach me in the future then I will give them advice.

I am really looking forward to being an RA next year! I am not sure what building I am going to be living in next year, or what floor I will be working on because they won't tell me that until well after everyone else has selected their rooms for next year. They do this to keep students from strategically placing themselves in a hall with a preferred RA is living.

I have a feeling it is going to have its ups and downs, but overall it is going to be an amazing learning experience, and definitely a great thing to include on my resume. :D

No comments: